Thursday, March 19, 2020

Filming Blog: Not Now, Not Ever?

     Today my blog will be a little bit different from what I usually blog about. I will be talking about the Coronavirus or COVID-19 and how it has affected our filming and editing progress. Our high school was canceled. It started on March 16 and will resume at the earliest, April 15. We had previously thought that only a few school days were being canceled. We did not take the virus that seriously and we continued to film. Now that the pandemic is becoming more widespread we do not know when or if we will film again. The good news is that we completed all of the necessary filming for our movie. We had planned to film more to make our movie the best it could be but do not know if filming will be a possibility. It will all depend on if the virus gets contained in our county and if our parents will allow us to meet in person. Some of us are already practicing social distancing and are only allowed to leave for important reasons. 
     If we do not see each other in the upcoming period of time we will be able to finish our project electronically. However, I would have to complete all of the editing. I would have to do this because I have the movie and editing software. No one else in my group has an apple computer so they cannot use iMovie. I hope that we do not have to do this, but I am prepared to finish the project if I have to. I may ask some of my group mates to do whatever they can to help. I might ask if they have ideas for some things or if they can find and convert music and sounds. Hopefully they will be cooperative and understand that I will have to do all of the editing and they should help with whatever they can. Most of the editing we have to do is editing in the shots we re-filmed and changing the music. All of this is manageable and I will be able to do it. Attached is a twitter post by Broward County Public Schools. 




No comments:

Post a Comment